TripKey’s Student Terms & Conditions (July 2021)
Mobility Services BV provides you with the following services:
- TripKey card
- TripKey app
- TripKey service desk
With the TripKey card, you can access public transport in the Netherlands and make use of OV-Fiets. After you have ordered your TripKey card with TripKey, you can collect your TripKey card at a pickup point, for example, your university. Before travelling with the TripKey card you have to register in the TripKey App, activate the TripKey card , connect a valid payment method and pick up the travel products at a device. To do so follow the instructions on the letter/leaflet you receive with your TripKey card. After picking up the travel products on an NS or OV-chipkaart device you are ready to travel. From then on the App will show the travel Transactions and travel costs you make. We charge your bank account or credit card on a regular base.
You sign the agreement with Mobility Services BV by registering in the TripKey app with contact details, TripKey card number and a valid payment method (credit card, bank account). Mobility Services BV bills the costs of your trips to your account (post payment) + the monthly service fee.
The TripKey card is an OV-chipkaart. For travelling with the OV-chipkaart in the public transport, the special conditions of Translink, the publisher of the OV-chipkaart in the Netherlands, apply.
RC BKA, a company licensed by Translink, provides you with the TripKey card.
When travelling with public transport or OV-Fiets, the terms and conditions of the public transport companies or OV-Fiets apply.
Article 2. Explanation of terms
- Card: an anonymous public transport chip card manufactured by Translink that different users can use.
- TripKey card: the mobility card for international students in the Netherlands (Anonymous OV-chipkaart, business type), recognizable as TripKey card, provided at your request.
- App: TripKey app where you create your personal account, activate your TripKey card , connect your valid payment method and you will find travel Transactions and travel costs.
- Mobility Services: the services of mobility service providers.
- RC BKA: the private company RC BKA, located in Amersfoort and registered in the Commercial Register under number 60488972. RC BKA is a partner of Mobility Services BV for the issuance of the Card. It is a licensed partner of Translink, enabling it to offer Cards and to process personal data in accordance with Translink requirements.
- Service desk: Our customer service, where you can perform activities as mentioned in Article 6.2.
- Translink: the private company Trans Link Systems BV. established in Amersfoort Stationsplein 151-157, a processor of personal and Transaction data and manufacturer, issuer and owner of the OV-chipkaart.
- Transaction: each action registered with a TripKey card.
- Subscription fee: Monthly fee you pay for the TripKey advantages and services per TripKey Card, charged in advance, the 1st of each month.
- Travel costs: All costs for travelling in Public Transport and using OV-Fiets.
- Bill: The sum of all Transactions and the service fee charged to you.
Article 3. Duration and Termination of the Agreement
3.1: The agreement is concluded directly after your TripKey card is connected in the App and our payment provider (Mollie) accepts your payment details.
3.2: The Agreement is for an indefinite period, as long as your TripKey card, App and Payment method are connected.
3.3: You can terminate the Agreement by terminating your account through the App or the Service desk by returning your TripKey card, provided that there aren’t any remaining payment obligations. In general this will take up to 30 days.
3.4: Your credit card needs to be valid at the time for at least three months after the Agreement is concluded. If you have not validated a new credit card three months prior to the expiration date of your current credit card, we may terminate the Agreement.
3.5: We may terminate the Agreement if we suspect abuse of the TripKey card(s), your account or payment.
3.6: We will block the use of the TripKey card(s) and the use of the App upon termination of the Agreement. We will charge or refund your bank account for any remaining payment obligations.
Article 4. General obligations of the Customer
4.1: In order to use the App, you must provide us with truthful information.
4.3: You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether authorized or unauthorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use or your registration, user account, password or TripKey Card.
4.4:. You are responsible for the TripKey card. You need to treat the card with proper care.
4.5: You are responsible and liable for all use of the TripKey card and the related Transactions effected during the period of use.
4.6: You may get additional instructions on the (safe) use of TripKey card(s). These instructions must be followed.
Article 5. Personal data and privacy
5.1: We process your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
5.2: We process personal data including support for:
reporting Transactions, charging and collecting fare to/from your account;
providing service to you through the Customer Service and the App;
sending specific messages, information and / or requests to you.
5.3: For proper execution of the agreement, we may use third parties, including software vendors and call centers. If these third parties have access to personal data, they are bound by our Privacy Statement.
Article 6. Our general obligations
6.1: Our activities include:
- To issue TripKey card(s) to you, issued by RCBKA
- To issue the App, issued by Mobility Services BV
- To record and process all TripKey card Transactions that you initiate with Mobility Service providers;
- Timely reporting, invoicing and revenue collection of your use;
- To provide you with access to the App
6.2: Through the Customer Service and / or App you can ask us to perform actions, including:
- reporting stolen, missing or defective TripKey cards;
- review Transactions or Invoices;
- challenge Transactions;
- filling a complaint or comment;
- change your contact information.
- request or change a password
TripKey MOBILITY CARD USAGE & APP USAGE
Article 8. Validity and termination TripKey card(s)
8.1: The TripKey card can be used until the expiry date shown on the TripKey card
8.2: When you report a TripKey card as lost or stolen we will block the TripKey card for security reasons.
8.3:. You can terminate a TripKey card in the App
8.4: You can also terminate a TripKey card by sending us the TripKey card, we will block the card
8.4: As part of termination of the Agreement, we will block the card after you return the TripKey card
8.5: Once the TripKey card is blocked it cannot be used again.
OPERATION AND USE
Article 9. Card for Mobility Services
9.1: The card is suitable for travel by public transport in the Netherlands.
9.2: We are not a party to the legal relationship between the User and Mobility Service providers, on use, supply and / or decrease in Mobility Services and / or products and we take no responsibility therein. A Mobility Service Provider (including transporters referred to in Article 8: 100 of the Civil Code and as defined in the Act 2000) can impose conditions such as general travel and / or transport conditions, to the use and supply of (Mobility) services.
9.3: Supplementary to Article 9.2, the Mobility Service provider conditions may include penalties and / or additional charges. If the Service Provider charges us with these, you must pay these costs.
Article 10. Financial
10.1: Before travelling with the TripKey card you have to register in the App, activate the TripKey card, connect a valid payment method and pick up the travel products at a device.
10.2: When you use the TripKey card at a Mobility Service Provider, you agree to the costs associated with that Transaction. Acceptance of the payment means that the Mobility Service Provider shall charge the related costs.
10.3: We do not guarantee that you can always use the TripKey card and App freely. The operation of the TripKey card and App depends on many external factors, including Mobility Service Providers and proper functioning of third party computerized or telecommunications systems.
10.4: We are not liable if you cannot use the full functionality of the TripKey card and App.
Article 11. Loss, theft and abuse
11.1: You must immediately report loss, theft or (suspected) abuse of the TripKey card in writing (via email) to the Service desk and, in cases of theft or loss, to report to the police.
11.2: Blocking the TripKey card can take up to 48 hours. Transactions made in this period will be charged.
Article 12. Blocking Card(s) and account
12.1: We can block Card (s), and the use and access of Mobility Services, if there is (or seems to be) one of the following situations:
- payment commitment not (timely) made;
- we suspect that fraudulent activities are carried out with the TripKey card(s), App and / or payment means (such as credit card);
- the TripKey card(s) are used in violation of the nature which they are intended.
12.2: We will block TripKey card(s) at your request when it is stolen, lost or missing.
12.3: As part of termination of the Agreement, we will block the card after you returning it.
12.4: After blocking the TripKey card, we will refund or bill remaining payment obligations, before ending your account.
Article 13. Specific Card conditions
To the TripKey card, the following rules of conduct apply:
- It is not allowed to use the TripKey card or the value stored on the TripKey card for purposes other than the payment of services of connected Mobility Service Providers.
- The TripKey card remains the property of TransLink at all times; transfer and rent of the TripKey card to a third party is not allowed.
- It’s not allowed to put balance on the card. Should you accidently or purposely upload money onto the card, the amount you will have uploaded will not be refunded.
- No customer service is provided for travel products and subscriptions you put on the TripKey card yourself.
Article 14. Payments
14.1: You are obliged to pay all Transactions executed with the Card as well as the monthly Subscription fee
14.2: The Subscription fees as mentioned in the portal/on the website are non-refundable
14.3: Mobility Services BV reports your Transactions on a regular base and bills and collects all your Transaction costs and Service Fees monthly or sooner.
14.4: When your payment commitment is not timely made, we will contact you by email and payment must be made within 5 working days. If not, we will block the TripKey card.
Article 15. To contest charges
15.1: You may dispute a Transaction or Costs when billed which you do not agree with, as soon as possible after you are billed. However, you cannot dispute a Transaction on the grounds that a Mobility Service Provider or carrier has failed its obligations, for example, by delays.
15.2: You cannot dispute a Transaction on the grounds that a user has forgotten to check-out, or if the card is lost or stolen, or that there has been an abuse of the TripKey card.
15.3: If your contest is honoured, we will refund you the disputed sum, or in case of remaining payment obligations, deduct this sum from your bill.
Article 16. Liability
16.1: In no case, your and our liability extends to either Trading Loss or Consequential damages.
16.2: We are not liable for damages (on any basis):
a. related to Mobility Services that you pay with the TripKey card; whether
b. as a result of blocking or intake of the TripKey card;
16.3: If we are liable, we will reimburse the damage as soon as possible.
16.4: You shall not be entitled to indemnification or other compensation in relation to the inability to use the TripKey card of App, regardless of the cause.
Article 17. Service desk
Article 18. Modification of these terms
Article 19. Other provisions
19.1: Our communication is English. We communicate in writing, by email or telephone.